- Contest for pre-selecting the different branches: Spanish State Gazette, no. 307, Order 22207, 24th December 2007 - Resolution of the Secretary of State for Universities and Research)
- Public Consortium. 4-branch network:
- Centre de Recerca Matemàtica (CRM)
- Possibility of incorporating other branches.
- To compile and structure the Spanish mathematical community: research institutes, mathematical societies, thematic networks etc.
- International Competition to select the IEMath director.
Members of the future IEMath Consortium
- 4 branches – The head office is where the administration and the Steering Committee sit.
- Possibility of incorporating other branches
- Associate members:
- Academic institutes of mathematics.
- Centres with proven track record in mathematical research.
- Mathematics Faculties.
- Mathematical Societies.